Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Woodland Friends Party Invitations

Just a little preview of the invitations for Henry's upcoming birthday party. Interwebs, I tried SOOO hard to get a good shot of these invitations. The weather wouldn't cooperate for shooting outdoors. The lighting wouldn't cooperate indoors. I was obsessed AND possessed (as I tend to get), so here they are anyway. I created the three sheet invitations (there was a fourth sheet but due to budget constraints I had to reign this project in a bit) in Photoshop using backgrounds and elements I purchased at MyGrafico.

If you're interested in using the invitation or some of the printable decorations for a shower you're hosting, please visit my Etsy shop . I will be very happy to work with you to customize colors and text!

I think it's going to turn out to be a really cute party at Irvine Nature Center. I'm using a bold, modern take on your usual primary colors and incorporating cute woodland friends like owls, hedgehogs, deer, and birds. Maybe a fox and squirrel too! I would like to give a shout out to Alpha Graphics, Inc. in Hampden for doing a great job on printing! They were very responsive and helpful over email (since I work too far away to be able to run over to check the test prints). I'll definitely be using them in the future.



Here is the mood board I created to get a few ideas going for decorations and favors. Unfortunately, the room itself isn't very lovely. It's in the basement and looks very middle school-science classroom, so decorating is going to be challenging to say the least. How to decorate a classroom without showing up the day before to repaint, clean, and install new lighting? I'm going to have to control myself.


1 comment:

duchessofginger said...

Yes, you are going to need to get a handle on yourself!! I'm so sad that we can't make it :(